Monday, September 30, 2013

My birthday

Saturday I had a little birthday party and meal. But, Today is my actual birthday. I had a wonderful time Saturday and I didn't know that Sixteen would be this fun.
All week the family have been trying to keep it a secret of what they were giving me. Although I didn't tell them, I figured it out. My parents bought a team of Halflinger horses and a wagon. And they gave me a horse.


Saturday morning dad rode the horse home as a surprise!


It has been a couple years since I last rode, so I'm still a little nervous. I did have riding lessons for several years.


I named my horse "Joots". This was Judy Garland's nickname.


                                                    

Here are the birthday decorations.


My brother made 40 bottles of homemade Ginger Beer (a strong, non-alcoholic, ginger ale)
It was so good.




This is my ''Somewhere over the rainbow" music box. I also got a " Somewhere over the rainbow'' sign from my mom and pops. The gave me old movies, two pairs of shoes and lots of clothes, too!



Here is my Mickey and Judy poster from Toothie. And below is my Fascinating Rhythm sheet music also from Toothie.
I also received Gershwin duets from Purple Eye and my  Mamaw and Papaw gave me money and are taking me shopping tomorrow.
Other gifts included money, a hat and some more clothes!


Here is my white gold, Turquoise diamond ring from my grandmother. My Popaw gave me a hundred dollars, too!


This my poppy. (My mothers grandfather)

My great- aunt.


Uncle B and me.

My great- grandmother (My Pops grandmother)



Grandmama R and Mamaw S.

For my birthday dinner I had a Cajun Jambalaya, beans, salad, and hushpuppies. For dessert I had mint hot fudge cake and it was so good!


There are my Sixteen candles. This was Grandma's idea.


They made me blow them out twice! Blowing out candles gets harder and harder every year. Has anybody noticed that? Or is it just me?




Little Bro and me.


I love my Coca- Cola box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I didn't know that Sixteen would be so wonderful! Too bad that it only comes once in a lifetime.

Thank you everybody!
I loved everything and had a wonderful time!

Grace

P.S. My Pop's birthday is Friday. He will be 4?.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...