Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Today is my Papaw's ( not to be confused with my Pop-paw) birthday and I thought that I would post some poems that I've written in years past. I wrote the first poem when I was nine years old.

                       I am going to post it the way I wrote it when I was nine years old. Well, I'll fix the misspelled words.
Papaw and Gracie

My Papaw

My Papaw is a helping hand when every we need him
 he is right there he is like a cloud in the air.

I love my Papaw he is the best. He takes care of us like a mother bird in a nest.

My Papaw he can do anything he wants. He can be a  builder, firefighter, a musician,  a vet and a chef maybe even a tennis player.

He helps us a lot like bringing wood. I would work with him everyday if I could.

My Papaw likes to work on cars. He can work on Subarus to  model T's. 
I can't can you? 

I can only tell you one more thing and that his is married to a no. 1 Mammaw.

Gracie Poo


This next one, my mom and us kids wrote back in 2010. This poem is little more truthful then the first one.
In the first one, I have to say that Papaw has never been a firefighter, a musician, a vet, or even a chef.


Oh, yeah and this one is titled - My Papaw - also

My Papaw


Papaw _________ the jack of all trades,
He works on trucks, cars and trains.

He can cook good cornbread and taters,
And his favorite snack is  apple fritters.

He always has a joke to tell,
And of course when he tells them they never fail.

He knows people from here and there,
Because he goes everywhere.

No one is a stranger to him,
Because he always has a yarn to spin.

Papaw is a hospitable man,
Sometimes he invites everyone in the land.

My papaw_________ he's the best,
He sure isn't like the rest.

Though his feet may ail and his back may hurt,
That still don't keep him from diggin in the dirt.

He loves _________ his honey bun,
And we really did mean to make a pun.

So thank you papaw for all you do,
from a family who loves you.

Love,
Your family.


Does it remind you of a Norman Rockwell painting?


Happy Birthday to my Papaw. We love you very much. And I put it on the blog just so that the whole world knows its your birthday.

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...