Thursday, March 7, 2013

You can dood it, too!

In my opinion, here are the easiest  ways to do twenty miles on a treadmill without even building up to it (like I did.):
 1) Watch a musical movie.

It's best if you watch a movie that you have seen before so that  there isn't any anticipation.  And make sure that it is a musical -  it helps to pass time.  Another thing, turn your volume way up so that it's basically consuming you.
Here are some of my favorite musical movies:

Babes on Broadway
 In the Good Old Summertime
Sound of Music
Babes in Arms
Strike up the Band
Thoroughbreds Don't Cry
On Moonlight Bay
By the Light of the Silvery Moon

2) Re-start the treadmill.


Yes, restart the treadmill every five miles.  By doing this, you can have a sense of accomplishment.  But you have to make sure that you write down your carbs and calories that are already burned and the time/distance you've traveled. 
One thing to remember, the treadmill gives an estimate of your burned carbs and calories, but, it really depends on your weight. There are calculators online to figure this out for you.

3) Be sure that you walk twenty miles when you have nowhere to be.

Two days ago, I walked twenty miles and I have never been so sore in my life. To be honest, it hurts to walk.   I probably would not have been so sore if I had built up to it, but, I just decided to try it anyway.

If you want to get the most out of your twenty miles walk on a full incline and jog half of it, like I did.  Alright who's next?

                                                       Still very sore,            
                                  Grace
Boy! I'm tired.
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...